2051 Dauphin Street, Mobile, Alabama 36606
Law Office of J. Allan Brown
Free Consultation

Mobile Public Property Injury Attorneys

Representing accident victims injured on public transit or government property

Accidents occur in all types of places and are caused by all types of people. When an accident occurs on public property or due to the negligence of a public employee, however, special rules apply. While it is possible to recover compensation for your injuries from the government in Alabama, the process to obtain a settlement is different than when the negligent party is a private person or private property owner. The Mobile personal injury attorneys at the Law Office of J. Allan Brown understand the need to act fast and follow the proper procedure in a government claim. We know what it takes to get you the compensation you need to successfully recover from your injuries.

Alabama Board of Adjustment claims for injuries on public property

If you were injured in a slip and fall on government property, in most cases the proper procedure is to file a claim with the Alabama Board of Adjustment. Keep in mind that personal injury claims must be brought within one year of the accident. Injuries involving private property generally have a two-year statute of limitations period, and an inexperienced injury attorney may miss this crucial distinction. Another important fact which must often be addressed is whether the city was on notice of the unsafe condition before the accident occurred. Our lawyers are experienced in accident investigation and uncovering the essential facts needed for a successful case.

Riding the Wave – bus accidents involving Mobile’s public transit system

With eleven local routes crisscrossing the city, a downtown trolley shuttle, and a cross-bay service into Baldwin County, the Wave Transit System keeps buses operating continuously throughout Mobile. While bus travel is safe in general, accidents are bound to occur. Unfortunately, collisions involving a ten-ton bus are highly likely to cause serious personal injury or wrongful death to the occupants of smaller, lighter vehicles involved in a crash.

Passengers who are injured in a bus accident, or in a slip and fall while getting on or off the bus, may also have a claim against the City. In fact, in many instances common carriers such as buses owe a higher duty of care and responsibility toward their passengers than they do to the drivers of other vehicles on the road. Injured passengers may have an easier time making a claim against the City, assuming they follow the proper procedures and submit their claim in a timely fashion.

Experienced Mobile personal injury attorney for public property injury claims

If you were hit by a city bus or by any vehicle driven by public employee, or if you were injured in a slip & fall on government property, contact the Law Office of J. Allan Brown for a free consultation with an experienced Mobile personal injury attorney who knows the necessary steps to take to make a valid claim for compensation for your injuries.

Share This Page:
J. Allan Brown, LLC
Law Office of J. Allan Brown, LLC, is located in Mobile, AL and serves clients in and around Mobile, Bucks, Satsuma, Eight Mile, Semmes, Spanish Fort, Citronelle, Theodore, Saraland, Montrose, Irvington, Saint Elmo, Wilmer, Point Clear, Grand Bay, Chunchula, Fairhope, Creola, Bayou La Batre, Axis, Coden, Bay Minette, Silverhill, Baldwin County and Mobile County.
Sundown Marketing

© 2014 - 2018 Law Office of J. Allan Brown, LLC. All rights reserved.
This is a Sundown Legal Marketing law firm website.

Contact Form Tab